Monday, September 23, 2013

Kindness

Who do you think of when you hear the words kind or kindness? Do you immediately hold a vision of someone you know or know of? I do. I think of Caroline Ingalls, the character played by Karen Grassel on "Little House on the Prarie." Caroline was soft spoken, yet strong and witty. She was willing and ready to assist her family, neighbors, and community whenever she could, and usually, with little or no thanks.

Kind people are genuine and carry an aura of soft light and laughter where ever they are. A kind person finds helping others a form of simplicity. Doing a good deed just seems natural to them.

Okay. I'll admit it. Kindness is one of those skills that with conscious practice, I learned. At first it was difficult. I felt fake when I was being kind, but with practice and an undisputable desire to be a nice person ninety-two percent of the time, eventually, a practice (yes. I keep trying...) of kindness has become a part of who I am. 

I want to respect and treat all people with consideration – especially while on the freeway. We are after all, one.

No comments:

Post a Comment